Summary of Grit: by Angela Duckworth | Includes Key Takeaways & Analysis - PDF free download eBook
- Verified: Thu, Jul 18, 2019
- Published: 02.01.2019
- Views: 37
"One characteristic emerged as a significant predictor of success. And it wasn't social intelligence. It wasn't good looks, physical health, and it wasn't IQ.It was grit"....read more
Details of Summary of Grit: by Angela Duckworth | Includes Key Takeaways & Analysis
- Original Title
- Summary of Grit: by Angela Duckworth | Includes Key Takeaways & Analysis
- Edition Format
- Kindle Edition
- Number of Pages
- 42 pages
- Book Language
- Ebook Format
- PDF, EPUB
Sites and services that store files may require registration and other conditions for access to downloading and reading electronic books.
Some brief overview of this book
"One characteristic emerged as a significant predictor of success. And it wasn't social intelligence. It wasn't good looks, physical health, and it wasn't IQ.
It was grit". - Angela Duckworth "Grit is passion and perseverance for very long-term goals. Grit is having stamina.
Grit is sticking with your future, day-in, day-out. Not just for the week, not just for the month, "One characteristic emerged as a significant predictor of success. And it wasn't social intelligence.
It wasn't good looks, physical health, and it wasn't IQ. It was grit". - Angela Duckworth "Grit is passion and perseverance for very long-term goals.
Grit is having stamina. Grit is sticking with your future, day-in, day-out. Not just for the week, not just for the month, but for years.
And working really hard to make that future a reality. Grit is living life like it's a marathon, not a sprint". - Angela Duckworth "As soon as possible, experts hungrily seek feedback on how they did.
Necessarily, much of that feedback is negative. This means that experts are more interested in what they did wrong—so they can fix it—than what they did right. The active processing of this feedback is as essential as its immediacy".
- Angela Duckworth Here's what you will learn: The ingredients of grit: passion and perseverance How grit is more important than talent Why effort counts twice as much How gritty people are more successful How to develop your own grit using the four psychological assets The importance of goal-setting, optimism, and a growth mindset How to develop grit in your children How to create a culture of grit And much more! Don't miss out on the unforgettable and profound wisdom of Angela Duckworth's New York Times Bestselling book, Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance. Purchase your copy of FastRead's 15-Minute Summary with Analysis & Key Takeaways today.
Quickly soak up the essence of her deep insight...and improve your life with true grit for you and those around you Overview of book summary: In the book Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance, author Angela Duckworth brings our attention to this lesser-known psychological trait called grit. Grit has two components: passion and perseverance. Passion means having enduring interest in the job you are doing.
Perseverance means being persistent and never giving up. In the book, Duckworth shows how grit is important in understanding the psychology of achievement. The Grit Scale, which measures an individual's grit score, correctly predicted which cadets at West Point would pass the Beast Barracks, which National Spelling Bee participants would advance to the next rounds, and which sales people would be able to retain their jobs.
The book also discusses how talent gets overemphasized, whereas grit gets underemphasized. When we place more emphasis on talent, we ignore everything else, including effort. In a natural vs. striver situation, we are most likely to favor the naturally gifted person, thus leading to the naturalness bias.
Duckworth argues that effort counts twice. A talent with no effort is just unmet potential. She shows that how with the addition of effort, talent becomes skill, and skill when put to a productive use becomes achievement.
In order to help people cultivate a sense of passion and perseverance, the author introduces four psychological assets commonly found in the grittiest people: interest, practice, purpose, and hope. Interest and purpose are two sources of passion. Practice and hope help develop perseverance which nurtures the "never give up" attitude.
This attitude, which helped cadets pass Beast at West Point, helps us follow what we have started through to the end. Grit can be cultivated with the help of the four psychological assets or the people around us, our parents, teachers, mentors, etc.
All downloaded files are checked. Virus and adware free. Previously, our system checked the all ebook's files for viruses. The results of our verification:
- You Were Mine at Merlot in PDF
- What's Left of Me in PDF
- The Runner On The Sand in PDF
- You Are a Bad Ass: The Adult Coloring Book That Swears in PDF
- Secrets from Grandma's Kitchen in PDF
- Beauty Looks Down on Me in PDF
- The Outlaw Biker's Betrayal: A Bad Boy MC Romance in PDF
- Rudyard Kipling: The Complete Children's Stories (Book House) in PDF
- Bitcoin: The Ultimate Beginners Cryptocurrency Digital Money Trading and Investing Guide in PDF
- Kijk niet zo, konijntje in PDF
How to download e-book
Press button "GET DOWNLOAD LINKS" and wait 15 seconds. This time is necessary for links search to download Summary of Grit: by Angela Duckworth | Includes Key Takeaways & Analysis in all e-book formats.
Recommendations for you
- Summary of You Are a Badass: by Jen Sincero | Includes Key Takeaways & Analysis
- Summary of Eat That Frog!: by Brian Tracy | Includes Key Takeaways & Analysis
- Summary of Tribe: by Sebastian Junger | Includes Key Takeaways & Analysis
- Summary of The Gene: by Siddhartha Mukherjee | Includes Key Takeaways & Analysis